Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September....already????


I cannot believe it is almost half way through September already....ugh!  It means time is a' wastin'!!!!  I have been keeping busy, I get to spend a couple days a week with the princess...which I love!  The yucky part....applying for jobs.  I have submitted quite a few applications and resumes...now is the hard part, waiting for responses.  I am gonna keep applying until I get something, maybe two somethings!  My only request is that I get Mondays off, because I am committed to my Mahoney Monday!! December 15th will be our first "pay day" with out a pay check, and that is the goal date I have for both of us to be employed.  I think it will take longer for Lee...he has more requirements of a position, which I kinda get...but at the same time, all I see are days going by on our countdown to financial armagedon!!  I have an interview tomorrow...so we shall see.  I have put in a couple applications at the exchange and the Navy lodge...I could use my military spouse preference...but I would rather use the fact that I already have 4 years of NAF (non-appropriated fund) experience.  

Even when I get a little worried and stressed...there is a little lady that reel's me back into reality.  

 I found this little princess car online for cheap...she totally loves it, it makes noise and has lights that flash.  She is especially good at rolling down the driveway!! 

 Like most 20 year old men, Elliott is a little intimidated by MJ, which makes her fascinated with him.  She will toddle down the hallway and just stare at him.  Finally, he lifted her onto his lap, giving me a great photo-op!!!  This time next year, I bet she will be walking around with a Gameboy stuck in the crook of her arm...just like Uncle Elliott did at two years old.

We got brave...very brave!!  We took MJ to Toys-R-Us!!!  I think it was a little more overwhelming for us than for her.  It was really fun though, she left with a small baby doll (who I think will soon be missing some toes or fingers, because she tends to bite them), a couple of books, a tiny broom and a new ball.  We left with lots of ideas for gifts as she gets older!!  We also realized we need to make sure we always have quarters for the boats and airplanes rides that are outside stores!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment