Well, I made it safely home from Alaska. First off...I had an amazing time, and I would return in a heartbeat!!! Holy moly...it was a long day and night to get home though. I was picked up for my ride to the airport at 11:45 am on Friday, plane left Cordova a little after 1pm (they physically check your checked baggage in Cordova, I told the guy I sure hope you can zip that thing back up!!), got to Anchorage at 2....then my 10 hour layover began!! Thank goodness in the 30 years since I was last in Anchorage, the airport changed a lot. I had a plan...much thanks to the Alaska app on my phone, and knew where I wanted to eat. Chili's...yummo! My beloved Starbucks was mapped out too. With a full tummy and a latte in hand I found a great spot to people watch...it also had an outlet just in case my phone needed recharging, and I hunkered down with my kindle to read and watch. My flight started loading at midnight....holy crap, they pack you in like sardines now-a-days...its awful! Its even worse when you are a bigger girl, and I had the window seat...but the worst part, someone around me had the worst butt burps, the kind where you cover your nose and mouth! GROSS! My plane landed in Seattle at almost 5am, and I made my way to baggage claim for my bag (I could do a whole blog on how much crap people "carry on" as their one allowed carry on)...I got my bag, which now has black smears of something on it. Then down to where I would meet the airporter that would take me to a hotel just a couple miles from our house...I was in the house by 7:45am.
I should have napped...but I had the day planned even before I knew about going to Alaska. After a great shower, we were headed to the county fair. The last time I went to the Kitsap County Fair (2004), I ended up with pneumonia a week later...ugh. Anyways, I love to check out the booths, and I had my share of fair scones...which I think are only a Washington thing, I have never seen them anywhere else but here. My favorite thing about the fair....the animals, especially the odd ones! Here are a couple of my favorite fair animals!!
Oh my gosh...does this llama look like her name should be Madge or what!!?? Her coat was cut short with just a poof (like a fresh perm) on top of her head and poofs at her feet. And her teeth...well they completed the look perfectly! Hysterical!!!
I do have huge aspirations of having a chicken coup one day...I even have a list of the chickens I want. The poultry display is always a favorite...this chicken was very serious...for the record, I lost the staring game!
Her is my boogery princess...she has a little bit of a cold. I had forgotten how toddler boogers are a lot like rubber cement! She and I get Monday's together, and Saturdays too when mommy and daddy have to work. She took her nap on this day snuggled on my chest...I was in grandma heaven!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment