This is a beautiful lake near Melissa's house. Yesterday afternoon we walked down an unpaved road that runs alongside the lake, we picked wild blueberries and salmonberries (salmonberries are kinda like raspberries, and are sometimes yellow). It was fun, and peaceful. I got to see float planes take off. For dinner, we went to the Reluctant Fisherman. We shared fish and chips and an order of loaded fries...which were a basket of these crispy delicious breaded/battered fries and they were loaded with blue cheese dressing, crumbles of blue cheese, tomatoes, bacon and green onions...I cannot describe the flavor...it was sweet, savory, crispy goodness!!! Oh, and I spotted another captain from Deadliest Catch...the young one, Elliot Neese.
After dinner we went for a drive, because I have never really seen an eagle...except for at a zoo, and one time on the side of the road)...we did not see any, but we saw some otters and other birds (ducks, swans, seagulls).
So, here is my Cordova bucket list
1. See the glacier up close
2. See an eagle in its natural habitat
3. See a moose or bear
4. Fish for anything
5. Do one thing that is something I thought I would never do...
I will keep you posted as I check these items off my list!

No comments:
Post a Comment