Finally some wildlife!! I am sure it was wild at one time, now it's stuffed and behind glass! I have completed the first part of my journey home. Left Cordova at a little after one and arrived in Anchorage around two. My next flight is not until after midnight....10 hours of people watching!
When we landed, I realized that I had not been to Anchorage in 30 years. Then I remembered that trip...Mike and I went up from California to spend a couple weeks with my Uncle Steve and Aunt Coleen. I bet it was hysterical to see us city kids in Alaska, but both of us still love Alaska...so it could not have been that bad. I remember camping near the Kenai river...camping in Alaska in the summer is crazy! The sun barely sets, and when we camped before we had always headed to our tents when the sun went down...this time really threw is off. I vividly recall walking in the river and coming out with my lower leg spotted with leeches! Gross!
It was also the trip that changed my life in a big way...one day my boyfriend called and said that my family was moving! WHAT???? Turns out my dad accepted a transfer to the Sea-Tac airport, and we really were moving...it was just weeks before I was to start my senior year in high school, I had a boyfriend and a troop of friends...so you can imagine my reaction. Mike and I were less than thrilled. It was a hard move....but as with many scary things, it turned out ok. It was nice having a dad that worked for an airline...so I did not miss any of the fun senior events at my high school in San Jose. My dress and I even flew down for prom!
It seems funny now, that I was so hell bent on getting back to California...it took a while to realize Washington is my home, not because I was born there...because my heart is there!!!
Here is a funny...there is a gentleman, who keeps singing loudly, "Oh Baby"...I almost want to ask him to sing the rest of the song, don't leave is hanging. The music playing in the terminal seems to be a string of some of the songs my parents loved...right now it's Neil Diamond!! Coincidence?? I think not, it's my mom in the back of my mind, she taught us to be great people watchers when we were kids, and airports are the best place for watching!!

No comments:
Post a Comment