Saturday, October 5, 2013

Saturday Night Special...

I thought I would share some cuteness...but I am gonna make you wait a moment for it.

Lee sent out his first application and résumé last week, for a job he is totally qualified for...more about that in a minute.    Then on Saturday the 28th, he attended a veterans only job fair, armed with freshly printed resumes and dressed in slacks and a shirt and tie!  He gave out a few resumes and there are two places (in the naval shipyard) quite interested in Lee's skills....then the government shut down, so he cannot even call those people to follow up.  But..he has an interview on Tuesday for the résumé he sent away! Woohoo! They called him on Wednesday (the day after the shutdown) so I am hoping the government shutdown won't change the interview.  His appointment to start his VA claim was cancelled, so we have to put that off until things get back to normal.  Thankfully, Mason was one of the exempted government employee, and he is still working....although he has no idea when he will get paid again.  Arrielle's union may strike soon too...it's been kinda crazy around here!

I had an interview this week, it went pretty well, but you never know.  I filled out a few more applications this weekend , I don't want to jinx myself.  Hopefully soon something will happen!!

And now the cuteness.  Mahoney is crazy for my glasses and if for some reason I don't have them on she looks at me funny...like she is not sure if I am Grammy or not!  Tonight, I put them on her, and of course she could not be much cuter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment