Do you have a little Christmas in your heart???? I can admit to my Christmas spirit wavering this week....it was down low!! I am usually so full of it too...(Christmas spirit and bullshit...haha). I did not even wear my 25 days of Christmas socks this year, did not buy a bag of Starbucks blend...and did not wear the silly Christmas sweater yet. Then something happened...I got a surprise package in the mail. A package from my girls at the bank. I am so blessed with awesome friends. This package from "my girls" was loaded with love...I spent countless lunches and days full of silliness with these girls and you become a little family. They must have paid attention to everything in the world that I love...from my dearest Deana, a journal to write my thoughts in and a Christmas novel, from my love Karl (aka- Kari) socks and that bag of Starbucks Christmas blend, from lovely Linda, a gift card for Bath and Body Works, for girl stuff, from sexy Shawna, more socks...Santa toe socks, and from my jolly Jessica...a "Diva" wineglass...complete with boobs! It may seem kind of silly, but this package touched my soul, when you move a lot...you know you will take some friends with you on your journey...and this group has been a part of that journey. They were there when my my mom passed away, and stood in for Lee when he was away....these girls (and a couple more... Christine, Susan, Leanne, Beth, Judy) are my posse. These girls make me smile with just a thought. Thanks to all of my friends, just for putting up with me and sending extra love my way when you know I need it.
The pictures....we went to the lighted tractor parade in Ferndale last Sunday. We started the evening with dinner at Susan's...mmmm chili verde...gosh it is so good!! We stood in the rain for the parade, even in the rain it is nice. There is a picture of me, Lee and Elliott. A picture of the lighted Christmas tree at the end of Main street. The night before we went to the parade, we saw a holiday special on HGTV (a special dedicated to holiday lights) that had a piece on the parade...that was awesome.
I hoping to get on in the next couple of days for another post....but in case I do not....
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF YOU IN MY LIFE....I LOVE YOU
No comments:
Post a Comment