Saturday, December 19, 2009

Lighted Truckers Parade....

Our tree, with its blue lights...that make me laugh.








It is beginning to feel like Christmas!!! We, as a family have made a lot of our own traditions. With Mason away this Christmas, I was feeling like we would not be able to follow them this year. Yet, we have...just in a new way. It pleases me even more that Mason has taken some Temple traditions along with him in his life with Arrielle. It is kind of hard not to get in the mood for the holidays here. Every weekend, we have had something to do since the beginning of December. We had the Christmas tree lighting and hospitality night in Ferndale...nice time spent with the McCulloch's. Last weekend we had the lighted truckers parade here in Eureka, so we invited our Ferndale friends to join us in the new house. The parade route is really close to housing, so they came here for chili and goodies and then we went to see the parade. Cars get mixed up in this parade, since they do not shut down the streets. We saw a long line of regular cars...and thought the parade was over and started walking home....halfway home, we hear horns and glance over our shoulders...sure enough the parade is still going! It was a nice evening, and I was so happy to show my friends our home.


The week was spent still unpacking....something I think I never fully complete. The house is pretty much functional, and very liveable. As soon as we put up the pictures, it really began to feel like home. We ended up at a couple Coast Guard functions....the holiday party and a social at a local brewery. I cannot say I love Coast Guard functions, but I did enjoy getting to hang out with Lee and meet the people he works with. We were able to see one of our friend Emily's basketball games last night. She plays for Ferndale high, and last night they played against Elliott's high school, Eureka high. It is a rough sport, and pretty interesting...it was fun to watch. This weekend, we plan to hit the movies for our annual Christmas movie...we are seeing The Christmas Carol...we have held this tradition since the kids were pretty small. Tomorrow, is the lighted tractor parade in Ferndale....I am loading up the camera with new batteries, so I do not miss any pictures!


Remember, keep those traditions alive...yeah sometimes you need to tweak them here and there...but the best part of the tradition is the memories of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment