Sunday, December 6, 2009

What a week.........





Ok...so I should be unpacking.....but I thought I would sneak on to the computer and give a quick update. What a week....I am feeling like it was worth the wait. Lee was in Seattle all week...hence the awesome picture of Mason and Arrielle at the park next to the Bremerton ferry terminal. I checked into the house at 9am on Tuesday morning....and unloaded some of the things in the truck that had been in there since we left Port Orchard. By 7 that evening, we (Elliott and I) had allof our things from the temp house over here. The next morning, Wednesday, at a little after 9...the truck carrying all our stuff pulled up. I let Elliott stay home from school, to help me direct traffic as the boxes came in. They had everythiing in the house by 4. The first thing I did was make my bed, I have thought about our bed since we moved. My bed is set up like a "Heavenly Bed", that was in a hotel we stayed at. It is like a big fluffy white cloud, with a feather bed and 2 down comforters...I love it. I slept like a log that night! Thursday, I checked out of the temp house and set to unpack some boxes. We have more room than we have ever had, so there is a new place for everything...I feel like I walk a mile a day without ever leaving the house. Friday, I unpacked the kitchen as much as I could and waited for the cable guy to come...to install cable tv and internet. Saturday, I unpacked enough that there is a wall of boxes filled with paper in the hallway to the garage. We still have a long way to go, with the unpacking. We have not had much casualties yet, except for my entertainment center top, and the clock on my beloved Capresso coffee maker. Yet, having the top off the entertainment center makes the tv look bigger, and my coffee maker still makes great coffee. I can hear AC/DC playing in the garage, as Lee configures his man cave...cave is the perfect word too...it is freezing out there. Elliott is in his room...the first to be completely unpacked, working on homework. I think I will head downstairs to my own personal coffee bar (where my Keurig and Capresso coffee makers hold court) for another cup of coffee...we are headed to Ferndale tonight for the annual Christmas tree lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment