Thursday, March 11, 2010

A box of dirt....


My Dad...my biggest fan, and most faithful reader..sent me a box of dirt!!! Actually it was full of iris bulbs...he read a couple posts ago about how I wished I had dug some of the ones he given me up...and decided to send me some. I cannot wait to plant them. These pictures are from the bulbs he gave me and I planted in the back yard in Port Orchard. I am doing all of my flowers in containers this year....so I can rotate whatever is looking great to the front of the house. I need to get a larger container for these to go in. I also want to try some of those hangers that hang upside down, I saw a tomato kit like that.
What else is new.....I have a nasty cold that has settled in my chest and with every cough is trying to evacuate!!! I have a comforter Lee bought in Russia when Mace was just a baby....it being pulled out of the linen closet is usually every ones first sign that I do not feel good. This comforter must weigh 20 plus pounds...it is stuffed full of God knows what, and the weight of it feels so good when you are sick.
Oh...the best part of my week....Mason called and purchased his ticket to come see us!! I am beyond excited. He will be home Easter weekend...so I think we are going to have an Easter egg hunt, at the very least something that will make the boys roll their eyes...but in the end they will have had fun! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment