Monday, March 29, 2010

Looking toward the future......








Here is a picture of Lil' Kitty....also known as the Devil!! This will be the cat that kills one of us by making us fall down the stairs. He loves to run up the stairs as you are trying to walk up them...and trip you up!! He does not even look like a nice kitty...but sometimes he is a sweetie!


Sorry again, for the lack of posts last week. I attended a class with Lee at the base. It was a transitional class (TAPS)...to prepare you for getting out of the service/military. We are (hopefully) years away from getting out... but it is advised to attend this class a few years early...so you know what to expect and to attend again the year you leave the service.

The amount of information is almost overwhelming!! We had speakers about Tricare (our health insurance), from the Veterans Administration (wow....what a wealth of benefits you never really hear about), the Employment Development Department, about the changes in ID cards and planning that last move. There was three days spent on getting that second career after Lee leaves the Coast Guard. We found out all we need to do to get our ducks in a row and be prepared. I feel more informed and terrified at the same time.

The best part of class was actually the last day, when the speaker came to talk about the last move...turns out it was Karen Pedras...the mom of Mason's best friend in Petaluma, Dominic!! It was so nice to see her! We got to chat a little and then we -Lee, I, Brian... a YN from Lee's base, Karen and ID Charlie (the infamous guy that deals with your ID cards in Petaluma)- all loaded into the Suburban and went to Trinidad for lunch and to show them the beautiful view!

It was kind of a crazy week...but good! Friday evening I got to spend time with Susan...and to thank her for picking up Elliott and getting him to school for me everyday last week. Saturday, I spent the afternoon with Emily....which was nice, we shopped for girlie things and a new book. Saturday evening Lee and I went to Leanne and Mac's for dinner....and laughed all night with them, Rashell and Wayne!! Mac makes this homemade bbq sauce....that is out of this world, I love it!!

So, now we are into another week! I am sooo excited about this weekend! MASON IS COMING!!! He says he wants pizza from Ferndale Pizza Company at least once and mom's fettuccine. We have a plan...we are going to make them hunt for Easter eggs. I cannot remember the last time they did that! I cannot wait!!


No comments:

Post a Comment