Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Birthday to the best little brother ever!!!!





This weekend is my brother Mike's birthday.
Besides reminding me that I should color my hair before important occasions...err! I love these pictures. My mom took the one of Mike on his motorcycle...trying to be all bad ass....but really, my lil' bro' is pretty bad ass. Sometimes his bad assness scares me.....but I trust him with everything I love. I know he would never let me down and he has always been there when I needed him. A couple years ago, Mike drove down with me to California to pick up Lee's dad's things....that was the trip of a lifetime for me...really! It was another road trip with my brother...I do not think we stopped laughing and remembering all the crap we did as kids until we hit the Bay Area. I think my mom was thrilled to have her kids going on some adventure again.
I always wish Mike and I talked more....but I realize now, that maybe the reason we do not talk as often is because the connection is always there....it comes from the comfort of knowing if he needed me, the only delay would be filling the truck up with gas...and I know he would do the same for me. I have memories of my brother and I stashed away that still make me laugh out loud....hunting for snakes with Brett and Stevie, I held the snakes in my shirt- I would pee my pants before doing this now....farting around in the camper while mom and dad were in the casino in Tahoe-I got Mike to eat dog biscuits....two city kids walking around the ranch our Uncle Johnny ran and coming across a half slaughtered cow-I would have loved to see our faces....we had a pretty great childhood...lots of adventures planned and unplanned.
So, my little brother...always know you are loved, by this older sister.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. My fave story about your brother is you guys smoking the cigars! HAHAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete