

We had a great weekend...the last weekend of February! Saturday morning, Lee and I headed into Old Town Eureka...really it is downtown Eureka, but the building are older and along the water and calling it "Old Town" makes it sound a little more fun....not the Mecca for homeless people it really is.
Lee had a part on his guitar that he wanted fixed, they said it would be $15 and would take about an hour. I was pretty stoked...as I am used to much higher service charges. So, we walked around Old Town, and heard a Coast Guard helo...turns out they were doing a demonstration for all the people who took the polar plunge into Humboldt Bay. We strolled the streets...found a yummy chocolate shop. It was such a nice day, the sun was out and shining. We headed back to get Lee's guitar and stopped for lunch (thanks Dad!) at a Mexican restaurant that was actually good. We still cannot figure out why salsa is served in syrup pitchers here...it is weird....and also means you never get good chunky salsa. After lunch, we came across these geese. There were geese here when the boys were just babies...in the early 90's. They are as fiesty as the ones the kids saw back then...let's just say they like to eat fingers!!
It was a nice day...made even cooler with the moon rise. I wish my camera was better at catching it...the moon was big and it felt like you could just reach out and touch it. I find that even though I am not working right now...I really look forward to the weekends, and hanging out with Lee and Elliott....plus it usually means Mason has time to call too. These simple pleasures have become treasures.
No comments:
Post a Comment