Yes....it is the little things that make life wonderful! Tiny daffodils made my day this morning. They have been sprouting for weeks, and are pretty small compared to what I am used to...but they are blooming. Hopefully the tulips will as well. If you look closely...you can see there is an iris in there too....I love iris's....and I kick myself for not digging up the iris's that my dad gave me for the yard in Port Orchard. they were the cool ones that are purple and kind of a tan color...they look like they are antique.
It has been a really quiet week. Something great did happen in the last two weeks though....something that will make all of our parents proud. Lee has quit chewing tobacco. I was worried about saying anything to anyone...but, I cannot keep how proud of him I am inside any more. Lee started chewing when we were in Texas...and he was aboard the boat from Hell. He has been chewing for about 14 years. He knew I thought it was gross...but even though I hated it what can I say...Lee never gives me grief for my love of shortbread cookies and lattes. Well....one day Lee was really pissy....not typical behaviour for Lee lately. I kinda let it go...until he called me later in the day to say he was sorry. He told me he decided to quit chewing and it was tough. I asked "why now?".....and he said "I do not want to see your face, if I ever had to tell you I had cancer from something like chewing"....some days I wonder how did I get so lucky to have Lee. A valid reason to quit, but I wanted to make sure he was not doing it just for me. Lee, thankfully, has the support of the Coast Guard and the medical team at the Group prescribed Zyban. Zyban is a very mild anti depressant that really does wonders for people who want to quit smoking. The first week, you are allowed to chew/smoke like normal and as the medication works its way into your system you gradually lose the desire to chew/smoke. Ten days after starting, Lee had his first day without chew. He has had 7 since. He says there is no desire..but I will tell you the oral fixation is hard to stop, so he chews gum like a mad man. I am very proud of him....that is a big step and I am even more touched that he did it in the name of love.
No comments:
Post a Comment