Thursday, February 4, 2010

Another earthquake....

We had another earthquake today (click on the title of this post to see an article fron CNN)....It was not raining and there was quite a bit of breeze going, so I had the windows open....until I felt it, I thought the earthquake was just the wind. This afternoons quake was a 5.9. Not as scary as the last one. The shaking was a lot different, this one was also centered farther away and deeper. This one scared the mom in me though...Lee was at work and Elliott was at school. Elliott's high school was built in the 1920's....it has been retro-fitted to be earthquake safe though. I did not care if he got in trouble and I texted him while he was in class. We worked out this plan with the last earthquake...texts worked better than calling last time. He assured me he was fine.


Speaking of Elliott's high school....we just got his first report card from Eureka High....all A's and B's. The bummer about switching states in high school is that each state has their own exit exam. Elliott took the California High School Exit Exam last fall. He took the WASL a couple times, each time getting closer and closer to passing (he actually passed the writing and was very close to passing the math portion)...Washington's state test....and that test kinda hard. I told him, just go in there and do some re-con....if you do not pass there are lots of chances to try again. Well, I had his report card for a couple days, I just pulled it out and looked at his grades and nothing else.....apparently there was a second page...he passed the California exit exam wit flying colors!! Way to go Elliott!!!


Here is Elliott's school picture for this year...you can tell he flattened his hair down with his hands, making sure nothing was sticking up.




No comments:

Post a Comment