Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday's this and that...


Check out this picture of Fernbridge (the bridge that takes you to Ferndale).....how pretty is that. I wish I could say I took it but I copied it from the local paper. We had a nice weekend here...the weather was nice...for Humboldt in late January. No rain and Saturday night was clear enough for Elliott and Lee to see the largest full moon of the year. Elliott is taking Astronomy...and brings us awesome little tidbits of information like that!
Friday nights all right for fighting...the song goes something like that. Actually, there were no fights at Emily's basketball game. Ferndale high's girls JV basketball team played Hoopa....they lost, but it is really fun to watch. As Lee says "we don't know enough to fight with the ref's yet...but we are on our way". We are slowly figuring out how this game is played. We both mentioned that we wish we could see Arrielle's sisters play while we were in Port Orchard...they are both really good.
Saturday....grocery shopping! Being on a tighter budget has been kind of a blessing. I have to be much more organized when shopping for groceries and household items. I plan what we are having for dinner for the next couple weeks, take stock of the pantry and freezer and go from there. I am learning to be less wasteful. Like today....I bought too many apples a couple weeks ago...so instead of tossing them...they became apple pie! I totally would have thrown them away, this time last year. The oatmeal packets that Arrielle and I did not eat last spring...I emptied them into a bowl and mixed them with other ingredients to make treats for the dog.
Sunday was nice and lazy...all I did was work on organizing the huge amount of scrap booking supplies I have. Lee worked on his motorcycle and Elliott did homework and played video games.
Elliott has what appears to be a nasty cold...sore throat and congestion. Poor guy...I do the same thing my mom did to us...I make the kids get up and shower and if they still feel crappy then they can stay home. I hope he feels better in a day or two.
We may get some company later this week. My cousin Rhonda may stop here for overnight. I am pretty excited about that, I just hope it all works out.
Well, Elliott just woke up from a 4 hour nap....time to go check on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment