Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How did this happen???? Elliott is 17 today!!!













My baby boy...is 17 today....and some days, I long for one last moment of him as a baby. That feeling you get when something so small and precious is snuggled on your chest and sleeping away. I am excited for him and his future...but as a mom my heart is breaking. You go from being the provider of their every need, being their hero....and evolve into someone they call once in a while. It makes me wonder what my role in their lives will become.
So, tonight we will celebrate, with dinner at Applebee's...where Elliott will feast on hot wings...and come home to the same cake he has requested for 10 years, the same one as in the picture above...an ice cream cake made by mom. As always, his gifts will be video games he has requested.
I love you Elliott, enjoy your birthday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment