
My Aunt Coleen called last Sunday and said there was a chance my cousin Rhonda would be passing through....I was pretty excited. When Rhonda and her sister Raelyn were younger....like 23 years ago...they were my partners in crime. We camped at the ocean, we must have gone to the Olympia brewery a million times, Enchanted Village, Seattle, Rhonda even road tripped with me to California once...we had lots of fun back then. Then we all grew up....and the burdens and joys of being adults have kept us apart alot. So, needless to say I was pretty excited for this visit. Rhonda got here a little after 7...after a super long drive from Palm Springs. She was exhausted from the drive and we all just relaxed. The plan was that she would drive home to Federal Way the next morning. I took her to breakfast the following morning.....and Rhonda decided to chill out and stay another night with us....which was pretty awesome. We laughed at the little sign on our table advertising hemp beer...complete with the little leaf...only in Humboldt county!!! We spent some of the afternoon in Arcata...Rhonda remembered from a visit here in 1993 a store where they scent lotions and body washes with whatever scent you picked. Arcata...I think I have blogged about it before...but Arcata could really be it's own planet!!
I had a nice visit with her, and it was really nice to have a little piece of "home" in our new home. It made me excited for all the people who have mentioned they want to come this summer!! I say...bring it on!!
Oh, by the way... HAPPY SUPERBOWL!!! My dad's favorite holiday!!

No comments:
Post a Comment