
Happy Monday! I got lucky over the weekend and got to get out of the county a little!! I know it sounds kind of funny.....but leaving the county is a big deal here!! I got to take a really quick trip with my buddy Susan to the Bay Area to look at a truck she was interested in. (No offense to all my Bay Area friends...I went as moral support for Susan, and to be her extra driver in case she bought the truck). We left late morning on Friday an got home on Saturday. It was a nice drive down....sunshine all the way. We hit the Bay Area....and I admit to being a little over whelmed....traffic in Eureka is nothing, we have a slow down on Broadway in the afternoons and that is about it except for summer when we get a little more tourist traffic. We navigated our way into Hayward....worked the deal on Susan's new truck and then high tailed it out of there....all the while I prayed that I could navigate us back to the North Bay from highway 580!! We made it though, with out incident. We did make stops to have breakfast with
Makenzie (Susan's son's girlfriend) at Black Bear Diner.....they have amazing breakfasts, I will not forget the biscuit I had there anytime soon!! We also stopped at the outlet mall....I made my way into a Coach outlet store and did not buy a darn thing.....I must be losing it! I was thrilled with our stop in
Ukiah, at
Wal-Mart....funny how much you miss a store when you do not have one close by! I was like a kid in a candy store!! I slept like a baby on Saturday, tired from the driving and sunshine. The above picture is from the cows greeting us when we returned to Susan's to drop off the old truck, so she could take me home in the new one.
Elliott is on spring break this week. I am gonna try to get him out for some sort of adventure...and hopefully a few pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment