Friday, May 21, 2010

Ready....Set.....Go!!!

The Finish Line
Getting ready to start!
Me and Lee
My official number!!

Last Sunday, Lee and I completed our first walk/run.....we walked it (it was only 2 miles)!! We did the Waterfront Run, along the water front in Eureka. It was an area I had never really driven through, so I was quite distracted at the old piers and lots...wondering what history they held. Since we were walking it...we were a little slower....although, we were not the last ones to finish and we did pass a lady and her screaming baby. It was a little bit defeating, when the people who ran 5 miles passed us up...but I was thrilled that we walked the course in less time than I thought we would. I have another walk next month...it is an all woman's walk...no boys allowed!

I am still hitting the gym...Lee and I went together today. I like the treadmill and he loves the elliptical. After we had finished with those, we hit the weight room together...something I never really thought we would do. I really enjoy that we are doing this as a team...it really keeps me going and motivated. It is a good hobby to have together...especially since the other ones are eating and watching movies!

I guess I should finish and hit "publish", I can hear Lee waiting on me...we have errands to do before we pick up Elliott at school this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! It sounds like you are rocking it. Careful, races are addicting!

    ReplyDelete