
Sometime in 1991

Grandma spoiling Mason and Elliott 1994

This was right before Mike went into bootcamp, 1987
So, I have an admission.....I have come to hate Mother's day. This will be my fourth Mother's day without my mom....and the week before mother's day, I turn into a pouting little baby...walking by the cards...all pink and full of sentiments, make me cry....ordering flowers for Judy and Shirley makes me cry...all the commercials make me want to throw my arms up in a surrender. It is the week I miss her the most. It took a lot of heartache for my mom to become a mother. There were many pregnancies before I came into the world....and my mom always chose to celebrate me on Mother's day, it made me feel so special. She would send me flowers or some gift...and I loved it...my dad carries on her tradition and I get to buy a hanging basket every year, I always pick a flower that reminds me of her. I have come to the realization that I may never get over the loss of my mom....and I am ok with that. She was my best buddy, a confidant, my partner in crime (or maybe I was her's???), she was the one to remind me to laugh when I want to cry, she taught me about love and heartbreak, she gave me my love of reading and shrimp, she showed Mike and I the world without ever leaving the Bay Area, with trips to Chinatown, and other neat places, we were her world and there was nothing she would not do for us. It probably made my dad crazy! I really miss picking up the phone and calling her for the stupidest things....we would call each other and watch the same tv show...and make funny comments to each other, she celebrated the good and the bad and the big and the small with me.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM......thank you for making me feel like the most important kid on the planet, thank you for loving and protecting me the way you did...thank you for living on in such a huge part of my heart. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment