Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Trusty Steed....

I pulled into the driveway the other day and looked at the odometer on the truck....also known as my "Baby", but Lee calls her "Trigger".....she was at 165,000 miles. At first I got that feeling of doom.....but quickly remembered how much I love this silly truck. We got her a little bit over 7 years ago....getting her is a funny story. I had taken my Nissan Xterra in for an oil change....Lee and I walked around the lot while waiting, and saw the Suburban...of course a salesman came flying out and we chatted for a minute, and he said "well, we might as well take her for a ride, since I have been standing here a while and I can see my boss watching"...to which I replied..ok. I love cars, and love the chance to drive something different. Driving the Suburban was like driving a tank at first....felt like it took a city mile to stop the thing. We had just taken a road trip to see Lee and Judy, and with the boys getting bigger, our dog in the back, and not to mention all of the stuff we cart around...the Xterra was getting to small. We traded her in for the Suburban.....I was so broken hearted I cried, and tried to break the deal the next day. Lee knew I was sad to have left the Xterra behind, and spent a chunk of change making the Suburban something I could love.....nice wheels, a better stereo (with my satellite radio) and new exhaust....so she would sound a little menacing! I grew to love the truck, like a fat kid loves cake. I cannot imagine not having her!! I look at new Suburban's and feel no need for a new one. Lee has laughed at me countless times, when after he has washed her...and spent days waxing her...I will embrace my truck as if to hug her.

She has her moments, when she shows her age....but she is a kick ass truck when you are on a road trip. You can fill her to the brim with crap when you move...or go to Costco. I hope she knows how much I love her and I really hope she gives me a few more years of loving her!!

I love my USCGSUB...(my license plate)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment