Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A nice weekend....

Lee and Mike in front of Mike's Saturn Sky
Lee and Mike in front of the Vette...there is quite a bit difference in the loudness of each car!!


What an interesting, fun, and relaxing weekend...all rolled into one! Elliott left for his backpacking trip of Friday....so, like the hard core party people we are, especially all alone for the weekend...we headed home for frozen pizza and a viewing of 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'. Yeah, that is how we roll!! Saturday morning, we got up with the intentions of hitting the gym...that did not happen, Lee worked on cleaning the truck and I put the finishing touches on getting the house ready for company. Mike and Terri rolled in around noon. It was so nice to finally meet them. I have been hearing stories about Mike for a long time...he and Lee met in Bahrain. Terri and I hit it off right away, comparing notes on children marrying and planning weddings.

We chatted for a while and then headed out for a little adventure. We went to Mazzoti's for lunch....yummy Italian food. Then we headed to the casino...Mike likes blackjack. I had stashed away $20 for the slots....Mike headed for the tables, Terri headed out looking for her favorite machine, and Lee found the free soda! Right away, I found my favorite slot machine...I Dream of Jeannie!!! The same slot machine I played in Reno and Las Vegas! Woo hoo...it was a penny slot too! I put in my twenty...and after what felt like forever (probably 2 hours), I still only donated $10 to the casino. That never happens...usually I lose it all fairly quickly. We headed home to chill out....Terri and I on the couch discussing kids and our goofy husbands and Lee and Mike on the patio discussing the state of the Coast Guard. Right as we were about to call it a day....there was a medical emergency next door, I rushed over to watch the kids, and Lee helped out the neighbor with a ride to the hospital. It was a little scary, but everyone is fine!

Terri had to work late Sunday afternoon...so they headed home after breakfast. It was a nice visit and I would like to hang out with them again. I spent the rest of the day counting down until Elliott came home, eager to find out about his first camping/backpacking adventure. He finally called around 6 and told me it was time to come get him. He had fun, and said he would like to do it again! He took some great pictures...I will post some of them as soon as he gives them to me to put on my computer. He slept under the stars, hiked, rock climbed and tried curry all in one weekend!! I am so happy he enjoyed it!

My class.....wow, what a time sucker!! Actually, I enjoy it. It is not easy, and it is challenging. I think there is someone in this house studying at all times, me during the day and Lee and Elliott in the afternoons and evenings!! In fact, I better get back to it...I am a week ahead and I want to keep it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment