Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Hunting....

The wagon full of pumpkins...88 pounds!!
Elliott pulling the wagon.
Elliott and Lauren coming out of the corn maze.


Ok...I admit it...I think pumpkins are the coolest vegetable!!! I love the shapes and the colors, the ones with warts, and curly stems. We went to the same pumpkin patch we went to last year, in the Arcata Bottoms (the farmland area in Arcata). It had rained the night before and we were prepared for an ugly day...but the rain stopped for our adventure. Lee stayed home to work on the the paper he had to write for his algebra class. Elliott and I picked up his friend Lauren, and made our way to the pumpkin patch. Lauren is really nice, I like when the boys have friends that try to engage me in conversation too and not just the boys. She did a great job, asked lots of questions. We had fun trying to find the perfect pumpkins....I took the picture of Elliott dragging the wagon and said that I needed it for when he did not want to go pumpkin hunting with me...the smart boy said he would always want to go pumpkin hunting with me. We ended the day with a slice of New York pizza and a quick walk around the Arcata Plaza.


The Coast Guard hosts a haunted house every year....and this year both Lee and Elliott have volunteered to help out. They will be out of the house the next four evenings. The city looks forward to it every year. Tonight is the walk through for the CG families. Last years house scared the crap out of me...I am looking forward to tonight... with a little apprehension. We were not in housing last year and did not get any trick or treaters...so I am prepared for the masses this year. I am pretty excited to see all the kids in their costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment