Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Mason Temple





Yup...they did it. They got married, at first...I admit, I cried. I thought about all the things I was going to miss, fixing Mason's tie, dancing the mother-son dance, seeing him say those important vows....and then I realize, it is not about me and what I want..it is about them. My frown turned to a smile as I realized they did it exactly like they wanted too...and they kept a couple traditions alive at the same time.

Arrielle wore the pearl earrings I gave her last Christmas.....they are the pearls my mom gave me, and I wore them when I married Lee. They also followed both sets of parents and married on a Monday in November..both sets of parents have been married over 20 years and they liked those odds.

They took the ferry to Seattle, and married at the courthouse. In the middle of a snow storm!! They stayed at the Inn at Pike Place Market...a beautiful boutique hotel. I had chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider sent to their room. I told the desk clerk what was happening and she upgraded their room to one with a water view. They had a nice dinner at a French restaurant too! It all sounds romantic and sweet.

A friend of mine texted me last night and said she saw Mason and Arrielle and said they were glowing with happiness. As a parent that is all you want...your child's happiness.

Congratulations Mace and Arrielle!! We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment