Texas, all curled up in the crook of Lee's arm.
This has been a crazy week...busy, but fun! Shoot...I even went to the movies!! If you need a good giggle and you love raunchy humor..see Bridesmaids!!! It was hysterical!!
This week marked the beginning of transfer season....my buddy for the last 18 months, Cirrus and her family transferred to Sacra-tomato (I have been teasing her 4 year old son, that they were not moving to Sacramento...but in fact..Sacra-tomato). We have had coffee a couple times a week since I moved in to the neighborhood. We shared complaints and laughs about Coast Guard life. We shared gossip and recipes too. I told her, that I try to be indifferent when a friend moves away...because I would like to think that I would see them again.
Thinking about Cirrus moving, made me wonder why I don't have a problem with moving...I think I am more afraid of setting this circus down in one spot for longer than 4 years. I think it is because of the things that remain constant in my life....my family, my friends...especially Christine, who has been with me through every tour, and the civilian friends I meet in every place, that do not quite get why we live this nomadic life, but are there just the same, all those and my trusty down comforter (I am like Linus, with that thing) and I am good to go.
Much love to our other friends that transferred this past week too...Adam and Amanda, moved from Maine to North Carolina and bought their first home!!
I miss my friends when they move away...but I hold a lot of fun memories in my heart. The hope that I get to see them again, and make more...makes it even better.
<3 *sniff*
ReplyDelete