There are times when I just gotta laugh at myself. In trying to be the Susie homemaker, I think I am in my mind, I decided to make pizza at home a couple weeks ago..instead of going out to eat. For the record...making pizza at home is just as expensive as going out....except you can wear your pajamas!!! I spread out the pizza dough onto the cookie sheet...I love rectangular pizza, it reminds me of when my mom made pizza as a kid (I can see my dad making a face as he reads this....because I picked off every mushroom and onion off the pizza she made)....and put it into the oven to bake just a little before I put the goodies on top. I took the pizza out of the 400 degree oven....and promptly dropped the pan...directly onto my nylon kitchen rug! I lifted it up....guess what, nylon melts at that temperature, and sort of looks like cotton candy....and I am left with the scar on my rug. Typically, I would run to Target for a replacement of this $20 rug...but I cannot help but laugh a little every time I see that shape permanently melted into the rug. So, for now..it stays. It is a reminder that, not everything is perfect, and you just need to giggle a little at the things that are a little less than perfect!

Note to self...don't drop the pan!!!
Ha ha ha! I wondered what that was when I was over there, but I forgot to ask we were so busy chatting and getting cookies for the kids and Key. That's awesome!
ReplyDelete