I am so happy!!!! I got a call around 3 from the transmission place we had the truck towed to. Roger, the owner of the shop, said my truck was done and ready to pick up...I am thinking to myself...ummm, I did not say yes to anything yet!!!! Turns out, the problem was an 'O' ring that connects parts of the transmission...it was made from metal, but gets brittle, cracks and then breaks....the noise mimics gears grinding in the transmission. He says he always checks there before he rips out a tranny, because ripping out a transmission is a huge labor cost to the car owner!! He saved the part and showed us....I could see the cracks in the metal.
Here is the cherry on top of the sundae.....he said my truck was ready and that there was NO CHARGE!!! I asked him again if he was sure, because the new ring must have cost him something and the time it took to raise the truck onto the rack and replace the ring...I felt like I should pay for that. He said no, and I told him I would tell everyone where to go if they need any transmission repair!! Roger's Transmission, in Eureka...next to the movie theater!!
THEY ROCK!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment