Monday, May 2, 2011

Oh My Gosh...Really.....Ugh!

Let's start with something I think is kinda funny.....there seems to be some sort of snail Nascar race going on, in front of the house....this "race" goes up about half way to the top of the house. There are about 15 snails either in their shells awaiting their climb or they are actually climbing up. When they are not racing they are eating my iris plant!!

Ugh.....not the way to start a Monday. We drove to Ferndale on Saturday, my truck was running great, I even thought to myself..."wow, she is running great, I love this truck"...we did not go anywhere yesterday. I get in her, to take Elliott to school this morning, she sounds fine...get to the stop sign to get on the main road.......and she makes a horrible noise.....Elliott says it is like metal to metal grinding. I feel sick to my stomach....pretty much convinced I must really be cursed...this rash of bad luck, just does not want to leave. After a fluttering of cussing and near tears, I ask my neighbor if I can use her van to get Elliott to school...she has a really nice Honda van, that for a moment made me consider a van!! It was like a space pod...so many buttons and lights! Anyways, I get Elliott to school. Lee looks at the truck to see if he can see anything...there are no outward signs as to what the deal is...I think it is my transmission. Bloody Hell!!! We call roadside assistance and the transmission shop my regular mechanic recommended. The towing company says they will be here in less than 30 minutes, and then call back and say the highway patrol just radioed in, and they need to go there first....."chicken truck, chicken truck, just my luck". Ya know whats funny...the tow truck guy asked "How are you today?" I want to say "Ummm....you were my first call this morning...how do you think my day is going!!!" My only consolation is that the tow truck driver bonked his head on the rear view mirror....and I thought to myself, thank goodness I am not the only one that does that!!!!


There has been good news this morning though.....I passed my Front Office Medical Assistant course with a 98.11% (out of 100). I am pretty proud of that. I want to investigate a couple more classes that will help make me more marketable.


Please cross your fingers and toes that my truck will be an easy fix....this is getting crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment