Monday, October 10, 2011

Communication....

I stole this picture from an email....my Dad forwards me emails with awesome scenic pictures, like this one.  This one, I especially love...it is very calming!


I have been thinking of communication a lot lately.  I pretty much suck at it.   I hate to talk on the phone, part of me is convinced only bad things come from phone calls.  Maybe, the only cure for this will come from the day I get a call and am told I will be someone's grandma.  Although, I hope they tell me that in person...because my mom's face was priceless....she was excited from the very first moment!!  I tend to text a lot....really A LOT.  I noticed something on my birthday though.....I received 3 birthday cards in the mail (3 more in gifts, my dad and Mike are excluded from this rant...they sang to me!)) and I received 47 messages on my facebook wall.  I love facebook, but has it replaced that thrill of going to the mail box and getting a brightly colored envelope????   I think not!

I know, I cannot get over the phone phobia anytime soon..but a couple months ago, I dug out all my stationary.  I have been hoarding stationary and cards since I was a kid...I loved visiting Hallmark stores, and McWhorter's in Milpitas.   I made it my mission to send out cards to family and friends on special occasions.  Which reminds me, I need to send my cousin a card to celebrate her wedding.  My grandma was big on writing letters...when she could no longer see, my Aunt Grace wrote the letters.  The Postal Service is struggling, just like any business nowadays.  With each stamp, I feel like I am helping them....and keeping a tradition alive.

It is not easy to step away from electronic communication...but I am going to try.  One this rainy day, I am gonna write a letter.....a real one!  I wonder who's mailbox it will end up in?????  I challenge you to do the same....

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment