Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Elliott's Birthday Cake...



I have been pretty lucky...my boys love homemade cake....ok, I use a mix..but it is still made in the home!  A long time ago, I tried making an ice cream cake... it worked and they loved it.  Elliott has only had one store bought cake since I started....probably when he was in first grade!  He chooses the same cake and ice cream combo every year....chocolate cake, cookies and cream ice cream and white frosting (cream cheese).  They are super easy to make..the only draw back it they take up a lot of room in the freezer!!


I usually do 3 layers of cake, and 2 of ice cream...but this year I just did thicker layers instead!  The trick is to freeze the ice cream in the same cake pans used to bake the cake, stack your layers just before frosting...frost that thing and then eat it before it melts!!  When we had a piece the next day, I cut up the whole cake and wrapped each slice individually.....yum!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment