Elliott on his first day of pre-school. August 1997
Elliott at about 18 months old, on our patio in Arcata (1994)
I cannot believe my baby boy is 19 today!! As Lee and I sat in bed this morning, reminiscing about the day Elliott was born...I thought it kinda funny that 19 years ago today I was having Elliott, and today Mason and Arrielle will find out if their baby will be a girl or boy. Life is starting to make that full circle...it is weird and exciting at the same time.
When I look at the boys...no matter how old they are, I see them when they were little. Their sweet chubby cheeks and their silly giggles. In my minds eye, Elliott still has a Lego man in his hand and carts a kitty beanie baby wherever we go. At least he still always has his Gameboy with him...although it is now the newest 3D version...not the one I got when I was pregnant with his older brother. I guess you can tell your kids are grown by what they ask for for their birthday...Elliott would like a new computer desk this year. One that will hold his computer and still give him room to spread out all his books and supplies for college. He does still ask for the same birthday cake....and ice cream cake made by mom. I love this part...because it is the cake they both still ask for.
Oh goodness...I just realized Elliott will be 20 next year....and then 21 the following year!!! Time needs to slow down, just a little.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLIOTT!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment