Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Little Swearing.....


For once it is not me swearing!!!   Yesterday, my nephew Ian swore his allegiance to our country...by swearing into the United States Army!!  I am an official Army Aunt....a good title for me, as I am kinda sad about leaving my Coast Guard Spouse title behind when Lee retires.


Ian Slater (almost 19) swearing into the Army!

My (I guess I should say "ex", but can't...I still think of her as my sister-in-law) sister-in-law, Kristin..posted a few pictures on Facebook.  I am lucky, she and I have a great relationship and she keeps me updated on my niece and nephews, and post pictures, so I don't feel like I am missing out.  

I admit, we are all a little frightened by Ian's choice of the Army...especially in this day and age.  But, it is an opportunity and an experience he will never forget.  I really hope their slogan rings true and he can "be all he can be, in the Army"

He has chosen 25U Signal Support Systems Specialist, as his Army occupation.  A very important role, as they operate battlefield signal support systems that aid the coordination of Army troop movement.  

He has boot camp during his 19th birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas...he will learn right away one of the hardest parts of being in the military...being away from family during the holidays.

Hooah Ian, I cannot wait to see the soldier you will become in the next 10 weeks.







No comments:

Post a Comment