Soooo.....my physical therapist got the results of my MRI. Since we had not heard from my regular doctor, we assumed it was not bad. He starts reading my results to me out loud...then he stops reading and simply said "f*ck...". Yeah, its bad. Your shoulder has 4 ligaments, that hold your bones together and make joints more stable. Two of my ligaments are torn...not a little tear, but torn apart. Well, that explains a lot...there is also a hard piece of calcium (maybe from a bone spur) that is freely moving around in my shoulder area. When the referral for the orthopedic surgeon finally goes through....it means surgery. My physical therapist changed our mode of attack too...we are now prepping my shoulder for surgery, building up the upper arm muscle and keeping what range of motion I have going.
I had to drop off my therapists request for more appointments at my regular doctor's office, I got to talk to my favorite nurse (she used to be in the Coast Guard) and told her, I already heard my results. She said when she read them she hurt for me, that it was pretty ugly.
Arrielle happened to call after I found out and as usual we talked about Mahoney. I said this was one time that I am glad we are separated...because I can heal this shoulder without the temptation to hold MJ. Get it back up to par, so that when I do get to love on my girl again it will be pain free!!!
Updates to follow....
No comments:
Post a Comment