Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Some Surprises Are Awesome.....


The Flintsone's......Mason, Arrielle and MJ dressed up for Halloween at our house!  Mace passed out candy and I showed off MJ to the neighbors!!

So.....we had company for Halloween.  Awesome, amazing, and very special company.  Let me back track a little.  In September, Arrielle asked if there were any weekends that would be bad for company in October...umm no, duh!!!!!  October begins to end....I don't wanna get my hopes up, then we hear from a family friend, James, saying he had talked to Mason, and heard Mason was coming down here....well, we had not heard that from Mason???!!!  I talked to Arrielle and she said MJ had a doctors appointment on the first of November.  So....I kinda let the theory of them coming slip into the back of my mind...trying not to be bummed.  Halloween comes around....I am doing laundry...Lee is in the garage playing guitar...I hear a pound on the garage door...I walk to the front door.....and I am greeted by three smiles!  Mason, Arrielle and Mahoney!!!!



Mahoney and her grandpa.

I had tried so hard to not get my hopes up, that I did not believe it until I saw them....and yeah, I burst into tears when I held Mahoney again!  We got three days with them and it was awesome!  Arrielle got to see a little bit of Humboldt, and Lee and I got lots of snuggle time in, and Elliott got to meet MJ for the first time, Lee and Mace played some guitar, with James (who came up from the Bay Area)....it was wonderful to come downstairs and see baby stuff all over, and just have all of my kids and granddaughter under one roof. I cried when they left....72 hours was just not enough.   Just knowing that they wanted to surprise us was a gift in itself...and the surprise, well...that was pure JOY!!!


Elliott, Me, Lee and Mahoney.  


Mason, Arrielle and Mahoney


The Princess....I cannot explain the love I have for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment