Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 1 of Army Boot Camp....


Ian is on the far right!!!


Hooah!!!  Boot camp has begun...yesterday was Ian's first real day of boot camp.  In Army lingo, it is actually called basic combat training.  Ian is in Alpha Company, 3rd Battillon, 34th Infantry.  He is at Fort Jackson in South Carolina.

Here is his address for any family members that would like to write...remember...these are some of the hardest times for a soldier, when you are away from family for the first time...I have had a letter written since last Friday...so he will likely be annoyed with all the letters from me.

Pvt Slater, Ian M.
A Company
3 BN, 34 IN
Fort Jackson, SC 29207

NOTE...(11/29) On second thought....I am not too sure about this address, I saw something different on the Facebook page below, as soon as I get the one I feel is correct I will post it. I sent a letter yesterday and I will see what I get in return, I need to find out his platoon name.

There is a facebook page for the company...Click below to peek...when I find pictures of Ian, I will post them on this blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment