No pretty pictures of the bruise on my hand this week...although it is still there...ugh.
Let's recap the last week...I got my stitches out a week ago. I had a reaction to some of the bandaids we used, and they created a sunburn like feeling around 2 incision sites...which now are dry and kinda peeling and itchy.
The day I got my stitches out was also Lee's birthday...and we went out to breakfast...the waitress came up and said "you are right handed huh?"...I said yeah, eating with my left hand is not easy if I have to use a fork or spoon. I sort of look like a toddler.
I can feel a bump under one incision, and I am hoping it is the anchor they screwed into my bone. I am gonna ask my physical therapist this week and see how if it is the right spot for the, if not...I need to call the surgeon's office and figure it out. It is not painful at all...just feels like there is something the size of a pea under my skin.
Physical therapy went well last week...I am seeing the PT guy I had before and the one the surgeon wanted me to see. I just like my guy better...I keep up my required exercises at home and get rewarded with massage and electrical stimulation (sounds weird, but it is amazing for pain control). The other place, I just do my exercises for a little bit and walk on the treadmill the rest of the time while she does something else...errr! Both do say my range of motion at this point is really good, especially this early in the game.
I slept last night with out the help of "extra" pain meds. I am a little paranoid about strong pain relievers...so I was pretty happy to make it through the night. I have to sleep on my side...which makes my left hip and shoulder kinda sore....sometimes I catch myself rolling onto my back...which feels weird because I can feel where the incision scar is on the back of my shoulder.
I am hanging in there....I can tell you I cherish every moment I am not in the house, Susan took me to the mall on Saturday evening....and I felt like a human again. Lee and Elliott escorted me grocery shopping last night. I asked Lee when he would let me drive again....he said when I can shift the truck from park into a gear....yeah, that is not happening, especially with this dumb sling. Ugh!!!
Elliott went back to classes yesterday. So, I am all alone during the day. We have a routine down...I start a load of laundry in the morning and he finishes it when he gets home. I really miss the routine of chores...I sneak some in when I can. I vacuum with my left hand, and wipe down counters and the bathroom, take out garbage...but I seriously have to make sure no one is looking.
I am hanging in there...Lee said this weekend we may stroll around old town Eureka, or even take a walk on the beach. Yay!!!
More soon,
J
No comments:
Post a Comment