Sorry to be slacking on my pimpin'...but I can only blog from my laptop. With the sling on it is very uncomfortable. I have reached that point where I go from ok, to angry and frustrated in 10 seconds. I am counting the moments until I get to take the sling off.... February 12th at 8am (my follow up appointment).
Physical therapy went well so far this week, I go again today. Ed, my physical therapist, said I am doing well..and picking up the pace. Meaning, I am catching up to where I need to be.
I drove....it literally takes about 8 minutes of concentration just to get the seat belt on. I am grateful the Suburban has a steering column shift lever instead of a center console...or I would not get to drive at all. I turn on the truck with my left hand, and reach through the steering wheel to shift into reverse, drive or park. Lee has me still restricted to only necessary driving...doctor and pt and work (more about that in a minute)...but today I get to take the truck in for an oil change..woohoo!
Ok....so I single handedly got a job...not really...Susan helped, that just sounded fun to write..get it... "single handed"...hahahaha!. She works for an accounting firm, and told me to submit my resume for tax season help. I submitted it long before I even thought I may need shoulder surgery, back in October. I met with them the day after Christmas...and it went really well. I will only be there for about 10 weeks, during the tax season craziness. I am helping with the mundane tasks, so others can focus on their positions. I helped a little on Monday...and even though the phone scares me a little, I think it will be fun. They are totally fine with me being one handed. Now, I just gotta get myself and the guys especially...back into the "mom works full time" mode, my first real day is Monday. I think it will be fine since they have been so helpful the last few weeks.
And Happy Super Bowl weekend!!! I guess we will be cheering on the 49er's...by default. I am kind of excited about the game this year...and not just because of the commercials and halftime show. Enjoy the game!
No comments:
Post a Comment