Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Week 3.....and some pics...

 I hung out with Susan and Emily on Saturday evening.  We had sandwiches at the Marina, and I took a couple pictures.  This is the Fisherman's Memorial, at Woodley Island Marina.

 Crab season got off to a late start, the Marina parking lot was full, but the docks were pretty vacant due to the boats being out looking for crab...the bright light in the center is a boat offloading its catch.

The Carson Mansion...in my opinion...it is much creepier than the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose.  It is creepy even in the day time.



Ugh...I have survived three weeks in this god forsaken sling!!  I think my patience has left the building.  I whisper to my self "just keep swimming", but I am pretty sure I am not listening any more.

I did not get to go to "my" regular physical therapy guy, Ed, last week due to my surgeon's assistant not completing my referral.  I only went to the physical therapy they had chosen for me  (I am kinda double dipping in the PT department...you will see why), I do not like this PT place at all.  The girl seems nice, but very detached from her patients.  She runs me through the exercises I do every day...and then kinda puts me in the corner so to speak for the last 15 minutes...one week I walked on the treadmill while she worked on paperwork, the next I sat with an un-needed ice bag while she talked to coworkers.  I think I hate it due to the way it is done at my preferred place.  When I go see Ed, I feel like I am being rewarded for following through on my exercises during the week.  I get my shoulder massaged, he can tell my range of motion without using a weird ruler thing, and then I get electrostimulation...   which sounds weird, but actually relieves a lot of pain.  My referral came through yesterday, so I get to go see Ed today...yippee!

My frustration is peaking....I hate that I cannot do things on my own.  It is starting to piss me off a little.  Monday, I decided to take a shower all by my self....it probably looked like I was in a wrestling match with my bra..but I got it on...and promptly took an extra Celebrex for pain.  Later, when I was getting ready for bed, and changing into my pajamas (no sling on)...I had an itch on my right hip....and I instinctively itched it with my right hand....HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL...ok that was the PG version of what I said.   So, I have had more pain than usual, and I am back on the ice bags  on my shoulder twice a day.  My biggest fear is that I messed something that was repaired up...but Lee (and Susan) have assured me, that it had three weeks to heal, and I probably just strained it a little.

I hopped in to the drivers seat of the truck, I cannot reach the lever to shift into gear...but I can reach over to do it with my left hand.  We are gonna go out this weekend and see how I do.  I miss driving and being able to just run out and get what we need.  

I want to help around the house, I want to sleep in any position except on my left side...and be able to pull my own covers over me at night....ugh, I know I have just done a whole blog about feeling sorry about myself...but hopefully tomorrow will be another (and better) day...and each day gets me closer to getting this sling out of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment