Friday, January 4, 2013

Warnings are never enough.....


Warning....below is a picture of my shoulder, with three of the four incision points.   It is a beauty.  I keep apologizing for my cussing....a simple movement brings on a long string of expletives. This is some painful shit...I would rather birth some huge babies.  We read the surgery report yesterday, and I admit that I feel less guilty about the cussing....here are a few things they did....they removed the calcification, I had two large areas and they repaired the damage to that tendon , they removed a bone spur that shredded a different tendon, and they fixed that tendon...one of my tendons is repaired with implants, which are actually screws drilled into my bone, and lastly they debrided (a nice term for shaving, resurfacing, grinding away...aaack!!!) a large portion of bone around my rotator cuff.  There is more they did, but I cannot remember it...and Lee has the report.  I think he took it to work to illustrate..."look what they did to my wife"...and explain why I am not allowed to drive.

Blogging with one hand is tough, so this will be short.  I can say that I have been blessed with an amazing family.  I did not think I could love Lee more than I already did...but he has been exceptional at caring for me and keeping my spirits up.  It is going to be a long road to recovery, and I am happy he is my co-pilot.



So pretty...NOT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment