Monday, July 13, 2009

And now for something completely different...
















So, we have spent the last 5 years in a Navy town. I see aircraft carriers all time, but they are either pulled into the pier or in the middle of being moth-balled. I have only seen them in open water int he movies. Mason, knowing my desire to see a "real" one texted me that the USS John C. Stennis was due to pull in to Bremerton at 7am the next morning. So, on our first morning without any furniture....ugh, sleeping on the air mattress...I got up at 5:15 to see the ship come thru the passage. Lee, of course has seen many and could care less, took the time to sleep in. I went to a public pier in Manchester, and thankfully I was not the only one up at the crack of dawn. The view was perfect. Here is the description to go with the pictures starting at the top....
1. When the ship had passed where I was, I went to get coffee. There were people all over with flags and signs to welcome the sailors home.
2. The 6:20 am Bremerton to Seattle ferry and a Coast Guard boat.
3. The USS John C. Stennis, returning after a 6 month deployment.
4. An old trawler out in the sound, I just liked the picture.
5. The early morning view from the emd of my street. This view was why I loved living here so much. I love seeing the Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains almost daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment