Friday, July 31, 2009

Thoughts from the porch...







Been kinda homesick this week...



My top 10 things I miss about "home"

1. I really miss my Dad!! I even miss lunch at Shari's and Costco trips....Lee and I went to Costco, and it wasn't the same. By the way Dad, this Costco had the flea stuff for the cats! woo-hoo!
2. I miss giving my brother a bad time when I see/saw him. Always makes me laugh that when we are together, we are not almost 43 and 40 years old, we revert back to when we are 10 and 7!!

3. I miss my neice and my two nephews, geez...they grow like weeds when I don't see them for a couple weeks....I wonder how tall Ian will be, and if Megan will be a little lady, and if Shawn will grow into his room brightening smile.

4. I miss my wamu peeps.....even the one that make me crazy. I miss my Deana and Karl....and Amy (and that man that follows her around), Shawna, little Nicky, Loren, Lindor Ball, Cathy, Janet, Jessica.....I wish I was there to run interference and help with the line.

5. I miss the Sound....not noise, the Puget Sound. My favorite part of any day was that glimpse of the sound...either at the end of our street, or when the day is glorious and I drive over the Narrows....I can't explain how much I miss hearing and seeing the ferry everyday, oh and the Olympics in the winter...simply breathtaking.

6. I miss having Taco Bell a block away....enough said!

7. I miss just opening the door and letting Key out to do his business in the morning....this walking him on his leash and searching for the perfect spot is crazy. This morning I had an encounter with a huge slug.....I just got through scrubbing him of the flip flops......yuck!!

8. I miss our stuff.....I am getting by, don't get me wrong....but I love my stuff. I miss my bed the most.

9. I miss hearing the National Anthem play on a clear morning at 8am on the dot, as the music drifted over the Sound from the Navy base. It has been replaced by the noon fire bell that rings everyday here....I have not gotten used to it yet, and it has scared the crap out of me twice.

10. If you have taken the time to read all this, then I know you are someone I love....and I MISS YOU!!!!

P.S. I wish I could say todays pictures were mine, they are some I found while stationed in WA.



No comments:

Post a Comment