


These are the men in my life. The ones who try so hard not to believe that I can sometimes trip offline!! My Dad, my brother Mike, Lee, Mason and Elliott. These five men are my rocks, and what keeps me grounded when I trip offline and get a little crazy. When my mom died, I was so scared...it made me the matriarch of our family. It scared me because I felt it was my duty to keep us all together. In the end, I found out we stay together, because we love eachother...even when it gets shitty. I had lived on my own for over 17 years when my mom passed, I realized...I did not take enough time to talk to my dad about stuff other that football and cars. Losing my mom was the most painful thing I have ever gone through..but it paved the way for me to really know my dad. We had to discuss a lot of stuff these last few years. Turns out I am a lot more like my dad than I thought...he is really funny and has the same sense of humor I do. I am so proud of him and I love him.
My brother, Mike....I can barely say his name without a giggle. We used to do the dumbest stuff as kids...things we would never let our kids do. We wondered miles from home, turned walnuts and apricots into ammunition, played in wrecking yards, we even got spankings for getting caught smoking cigars. We don't get to talk very much, but the connection is very deep....if I needed him he would be there in a heartbeat...and he knows he can expect the same from me.
My heart and soul...Lee, Mason and Elliott. Fate brought Lee into my life again...five years after I met him in high school...we only dated for 6 weeks before we married. I never thought I would end up a military wife, actually the thought never even crossed my mind! I love this life...even when it makes my hair fall out and I feel like I am losing my mind!! Mason and Elliott, just saying their names makes me smile and my heart swells. I cannot believe my baby boys are men now. They put up with a lot too...I pester them, I sing them silly songs to wake them up and I can't get enough of them. There is nothing better than a "Mom, I love you." out of the blue.
No comments:
Post a Comment