Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Much love to my favorite Veteran's





I have a couple favorite veteran's. My Dad was in the Air Force, and so was Lee's Dad. My Dad did only a few years, and they led him to his career in aviation mechanics. I stole the picture of my Dad from mt cousin Kim's Facebook page. I have a similar one that I have framed...I cannot wait to unpack all our pictures. I like this picture especially, because of the picture of my brother tucked in the corner. Mike did some time in the Navy, he was in the Persian Gulf during the first Gulf war...that was way before email, and letters took forever to get there and back. The other picture is one of my favorites of Lee's dad, also named Lee. This picture showcases his personality, just a little cocky...but a smile that took your breath away. Lee did 20 years in the Air Force, this picture was taken in Guam.

November 11th, a day set aside to honor our Veteran's...but shouldn't we honor them everyday????

No comments:

Post a Comment