
Key and Texas, trying to share a pillow this morning.
I am feeling pretty fortunate today....when my mom died, I had that "woe is me" moment, when I wondered if my dad could be there for me like my mom was. I am pretty sure my mom and I kept phone companies alive way back when....I used to budget for over $100 in long distance calls when we lived in Texas. She listened to all my gripes, pisses and moans...and was there when I would be freaking out about something. My poor dad, I give him a lot of credit....he moved right into that role....I think it scares him a little...but he does a great job. On Sunday he listened to me, I was practically in tears...Lee's bike is not working, I thought I broke my washing machine, and after weeks of constant rain, I belted out "and it won't stop raining"....all he had to do was say "it's ok....call me back if the washer is really broken".....the washer was fine...note to self, never smash a comforter into the washer when it is full of water, because water goes all over the floor!! Today, as Lee and I headed to Crescent City (80 or so miles north of us) to Elliott's first real "away" track meet...a little more than halfway there, the truck starts acting funny...ugh! We frantically texted and called Elliott who had taken the bus there with the team, and then turned around to come home. I called my dad on the way back...just to hear him say it was ok. He always cheers me up, lifts me up, and just listens when I need him.
I LOVE YOU DAD.....YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment