Monday, March 21, 2011

The swamp...

The backyard...in all its current glory!!



The last few days weather...ugh! We have received almost 7 inches of rain so far in March...I swear it all fell in the last 7 days! We have had thunder and lightening twice...not typical for this area. Lee was so excited he was like a kid looking for Santa, while he was looking out the window...waiting for lightning! We got crazy wind...which makes it rain sideways...and the rain has been wild! One minute you are excited, because the sun is peeking out...but now we have all learned that in the next few minutes that it will rain like Hell and possibly hail! The weather person on channel 7...Chita (pronounced like Cheetah) Johnson...said there is more on the way tomorrow...oh yippee!!! Elliott's track meet was cancelled due to rain on Saturday.

Key hates having to go out and do his business in the pouring rain. I can't blame him. I hate when he goes out too...because he is followed by a trail of perfect greyhound footprints...in MUD! This does make me happy that my favorite color is brown....because as Key comes in the house he is usually running...because Lee sneaks treats in to his kennel...and it flicks mud everywhere...the floor, kitchen cupboards, the floor and rugs.

I am not trying to complain....I do feel warmth on the horizon.....in just 17 days from this moment, I will be headed to out to the local airport....for Phoenix! Yeah! Christine is going to visit her grandmother, Barbara (who is over 100 years old, and still has a daily routine that puts me to shame)...and she asked me to join her. I am so excited. I hope this proves to Chris how much I adore her...I am getting on a plane with propellers. I don't really like to fly...I spent yesterday afternoon printing out maps of the Los Angeles airport...I need to get from one terminal to another (it does not seem to matter that I have almost 2 hours to do so...and after looking at the map, I may get distracted by the Haagen Daz stand in terminal 5!!). It will be nice to feel the sun for a couple days...hopefully Chris will still love me when I have kept her awake all night snoring. I am looking forward to the adventure. The last time I went to Phoenix with Chris, Elliott was just a baby! She and I, rarely get time when it is just us two...so I am really about this weekend away together.

No comments:

Post a Comment