Friday, September 16, 2011

Chicken truck, chicken truck...

My buddy, Whirlpool....

Chicken truck, chicken truck...just my luck.   This week has been a little stressful and yesterday afternoon the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae showed it's ugly face.  I am stressed and a little disheartened about job hunting...it has not been going well.  I feel lucky to have supportive friends and family.  I know we are not in dire straits like many families in this country...the bills are paid and food is on the table and we have a comfortable roof over our heads.   We are blessed and I need to remember that, and to not beat myself up over an economy that is so upside down...something is bound to happen soon, I just need to let go of the negative and grasp the positive.

So, back to that ice cream sundae....when Lee gets home from work, I open the garage door for him since it locks from the inside, and it is just easier...as I make my way to the garage I pass the laundry room and see a little glistening on the floor.  My first thought...Texas tinkled on the floor, he is 14 years old and sometimes it happens, I am happy he at least has an accident in the vicinity of the cat box.  So, I open the door for Lee and hustle back to the laundry room to clean up the mess.  I flick the light on..stupid fluorescent lights take a second to come on....I step into a puddle of water...water is all over my laundry room floor.  My first thought..I screwed up the damn washer again. Water has soaked into the couple cardboard boxes we have in there filled with linens...yeah, more of that "luck" coming into play.   We use most of the towels in the house to clean up the water and then toss them into the washer...because we are sure, I must have did something to make it overflow or something.  We turn on the washer, water flows into the tub nicely and flows out the bottom nicely too.....oh crap!   Not a little leak.....we scramble for more towels.  UGH!!  I dream all night of washers...

I get up this morning...get on Google and try to figure out what happened.  I don't think it is the pump...or a seal...those both have signs beforehand.  I did a test....I poured a bowl full of tap water into the mashing, nice warm water...so I would know it was the water I put in.  The nice warm water, came out in seconds....looks like my tub is leaking.   Yippee....the websites all say my beloved washer is a goner.  


THERE WILL BE A PART TWO TO THIS POST.....the story is not over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment