The gift bag containing my birthday present from Mace and Arrielle.
So, I am driving home from Costco this afternoon....listening to a little Adele, as I cruise up 7th street....when all of the sudden...I smile, and then I start to cry. Not because I am sad, but because I feel so blessed at this moment. Here are a few reasons why...
- My dad....I tell him I am going to spend my birthday money at Safeway....so I can save money and because I need meat and stuff...he tells me to go to Costco, they have better meat. Kinda not a big deal to most...but it is my dad's way of letting me know I am worth a good steak. Guess what Dad, I even got myself some artichokes too...the first I have had all summer.
- Christine...I almost feel like she jumped for joy when my washer broke...because I needed something, and she was in the position to provide a replacement. Her generosity amazes me. I can hardly await its arrival! I am so glad Chris got a Blackberry....I swear it has changed my life.
- Susan and Amanda...who offered their washers and sympathies in a time of need...but Amanda..North Carolina is a long way to drive to wash Lee's stinky work out clothes. Cirrus, for the funny texts.
- Elliott...who texted me because he felt like he bombed his first geology exam. It seems silly...but when he texts me from school, it means so much...because it makes me feel like he still needs me.
- Mason....because when we talked yesterday afternoon, we both said we missed each others voice...that is good to know, especially since he moved out two years ago...times goes by so fast.
- Speaking of time....yesterday was the 22nd anniversary of Lee and I's first date....this man who can make me a little crazy, but still makes me laugh at the dumbest things can still captivate me, and I love him madly.
- Oh...and I have an interview tomorrow...wish me luck. I am nervous and trying to be positive and optimistic.
Sometimes, we have to remember it is the little things that make life special...it is about moments, and the people in those moments.

No comments:
Post a Comment