Our dog Key....who in the 21 months we have lived here has only gone up the stairs twice, and that was because fireworks had scared him. Key is afraid on flies...really! A really big fly was in the house a couple weeks ago and Key ran laps downstairs trying to keep away from the fly...honestly it was quite hysterical! Well, a housefly made its way into the house and Key was taking no chances, and plopped his booty on the third step of the stairs and "hid" from the fly! And the goofy smile (and yes, Key has "buck" teeth)...well, that is his "I am panicking" face! What a goober!!!
As for my "ugh"....I have been job hunting.....and it really sucks. I dislike...as most do...putting myself out there to be judged. Then I have to factor in being out of the work force for two years and the fact that many employers see military wives as temporary. I cannot really hide the fact that Lee is in the Coast Guard, when I live on Coast Guard street. It is hard, especially when I have applied for jobs I have done in the past...and all I hear is crickets. I will keep trying, because I know something will happen. I have never had a problem before (finding a job) and this is just frustrating.
On a good note....I feel fall in the air! The breeze has come back, and the tree's rustle in the afternoons. Fall magazines are full of recipes I want to try...my goal this fall, to find a new favorite soup and to find a recipe with squash in it that Lee and Elliott will eat. I love getting out the crock pot and letting the perfect soup simmer away! I will jump for joy when it rains for the first time...I know, I must be crazy for loving the rain!

No comments:
Post a Comment