Oh, I wish I could say it has been adventurous...but it really has not!! Unless, you consider a trip to my local Winco an adventure. Our Winco....I cannot even describe it, it is like a two-fer. You get a decent price on some groceries and the best people watching on the North Coast!! The week has been pretty quiet. All these truck repairs and expenses from this crazy move have wiped out the savings account, so I am sticking close to home. Trying to keep caught up on scrapbooking the pictures we have taken since we got here, teaching myself to crochet again, and trying to work on the cross stitch piece I brought with me.
There has been a culinary adventure this week...I love Mexican food, and I am trying to replicate my favorite dishes. This week I tried making Chili Colorado....chunks of beef in a chili like sauce...it has been a favorite since I was a teen! I looked online for a recipe, and found one that seemed pretty close to the flavors I remembered. I am lucky and crazy Winco has all their spices in bulk, so I was able to get what I needed easily and cheap! I put it all together and it was delicious....even though I do not have measuring spoons and I was guessing at the size of a tablespoon and a teaspoon!! Tomorrow, my mom's favorite... Chile Verde!!! Pork simmered in a green chile sauce. Susan made this for us, when we were with her...and I copied the recipe. Lee loved it.
We are still (as patiently as I can) waiting for our house to be ready. I asked Lee if he was confident that we would be there by Thanksgiving....he said he sure hoped so! I then told him that if we were not, I am eating at the housing guys house and I am bringing the people I invited over for turkey dinner with me! So, keep your fingers crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment