
When I was a teenager, I loved scary movies. All the scary movies they keep remaking, came out the first time when I was a teen. I loved all the Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street movies.....and then came my 30's! I think it was a combination of being a mom and the world becoming a little more scary that I care to appreciate. So, now when we rent a scary movie....I am hunkered down with an blanket and I take my glasses off, so the screen is a little blurry. It can't scare me if I can't see it...right???
Lee volunteered at the Coast Guard's haunted house this past Friday. He said it was a lot of fun, and we decided we would all go back on Saturday night. I am thinking...how bad can it be, Lee told me all about it. As soon as we get there, my tummy gets butterflies. We get the safety brief and then are led through a maze. We were the first ones through that night, so a couple people were not in place...so that was fine, then we enter the "haunted house". As we enter, we are greeted by someone dressed as Lurch, like the butler from the Munsters. We head upstairs...first scene is a pirate scene, and of course when the guy moved...I jumped a little. Next scene, done by the cooks....a gross kitchen scene, I was good for that one. Then came the best one, we round the corner and there is a girl sleeping on the bed, I am thinking...she is going to pop and scare us....NOOOOO! Freakin' Freddy Kruger pops up from the middle of the bed and drags the girl back down with him. It was as seamless as on the movie screen. Poor Elliott...who watches hardly any tv...was probably wondering what the Hell his parents had dragged him to now! After that, I was just chanting "it's not real" to myself and I had the death grip on Lee's sweatshirt. That 15 minutes likely took 5 years off my life.
Lee is already plotting what he wants to do next year....he wants to do his own scene. I better figure out how to walk through with my blankie and no glasses on with out looking like a big scaredy cat!!
No comments:
Post a Comment